Sometimes I feel like I live in a mall…not that I’m complaining (though I did prefer it when there were more boutiques and less large chain stores around NYC). One benefit to living in such an environment is that I’m constantly window-shopping and trend spotting. Here are the most popular styles now:
- Espadrilles – the timeless summer shoe is back, year after year.
- Bright colors, particularly neons – extremely popular, but I wouldn’t invest heavily unless you desire to look like a highlighter.
- Coral dresses – this orange/red color is being shown for all dresses, from gowns to shifts. I bought a coral day dress last year at Anne Taylor Loft and I find it funny that they are selling a dress of the same color and fabric this season, but in a slightly different cut. It’s either still really popular or they bought too much fabric.
- Navy and white-stripped dresses, shirts, etc. – not flattering on most, but very classic and very French!
- Lace dresses – long and elegant or short and cute!
*This post may be followed up with a street style post at some point in the future.